Sunday, September 11, 2016

8 Ways To Drink More Water



1. Track the amount of water you drink.
Every time you drink a glass of water, write it down. You will surprised how LITTLE water your drinking in a day or how long your going without water when you start to track it!
If you are more of a techie person, you can set reminders on your phone .... for those of us who are not, I have included a water tracker for you <3

2. Enhance the flavor of your water.
If your bored of drinking water or do not like the taste, get funky with it! Use recipes as a flavor enhancer in your water. Adding Strawberries, limes, lemons, cucumbers, stevia or other natural flavour enhancers, you can COMPLETELY change the taste of your water!
3. Make drinking water a habit.
First thing you do when you wake up in the AM...drink a BIG glass of water! I keep one right beside my bed so I chug it down before I even get up!  Before meals, drink down another glass (which also helps with your digestion). Use other triggers to drink water (I use washing my hands in the kitchen sink, where I keep a glass by the sink)
4. Use a cute water bottle.
There is something about a cup you actually like using that helps get your water in! I switch up between my favourites and it makes me feel more happy when drinking it!
5. Take water on the go.
Each time you leave the house, grab water to go with you. Challenge yourself to have the water finished before you reach your destination or take a drink at each red traffic light.  Sometimes your away from home shopping or driving for more than 2 hours at a time, thats TOO long to go without water! You will find yourself dehydrated by the time you find more water.
6. Drink a glass of water before every meal.  
Heres a tip....often thirst is confused for hunger!! So instead of sneaking in all those extra calories in a day with snacking, try sipping some water first!  A lot of the time it will curb that craving!
7. Use a straw.
It might seem like an odd solution but when you drink through a straw, you will drink more. I think this is probably some kind of mind trick. It might just be the lazy-woman’s way to avoid lifting a glass. But I think when I am drinking water through a straw, I drink more water and faster.
8. Challenge Yourself!
Set a goal for yourself each morning for how much water you will drink throughout the day and reward yourself at the end of the day when you hit it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KC Lawrence. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig